What we do

Condition Survey Types : Homebuyer & Building Surveys

FRICS – Registered Valuer – Chartered Building Surveyor

Both reports will identify what the Surveyor considers to be the most important issues. By applying condition ratings to elements of the building, the services and any garages and permanent outbuildings, the surveyor will tell you whether defects are serious or urgent.

The HomeBuyer Report can also include the Surveyor’s opinion of the market value and reinstatement cost (which you will need for insurance purposes). These are also options on the Building Survey.

The reports also includes other valuable information such as any matters for your legal adviser’s attention.

A Building Survey (This used to be called a structural survey) Level 3 Report

A Building Survey is a service suitable for all residential properties and gives more details of their construction and condition. You are likely to need this type of survey if, for example, the property is very old ( pre 1850), unusually built (including period timber frame), run-down or if it has been significantly altered.

The RICS HomeBuyer Service – Level 2 Report

The RICS HomeBuyer report is a more succinct report for standard property types. The inspection is essentially the same as the Building Survey but reporting is more concise unless defects are encountered.

It is designed for particular types of home. These are houses, bungalows and flats that are of a traditional type and construction; and are apparently in reasonable condition.